Delicious Start of the New Year

I have been promising my sis in law, Kak Tine to treat her for quite some time but I wanted to bring her to a place she never been before.

Woke up to the new year and I thought, hey why don't I take Kak Tine for breakfast somewhere nice. Kak Tine loves egg benedict and recently i read in my fave food blog about Delicious ingredients, so I suggested that to Kak Tine. Of course la she agreed! lol. I have always wanted to try the place. So off we went.

We went to the outlet in Dua Annexe, Jalan Tun Razak (opposite the American Embassy). I was confused because there are 2 levels - 1 for Delicious and 1 for Delicious Ingredients. I thought they are the same but Delicious was still closed. So we went into Delicious Ingredients and asked the waiter there and he said that they are actually the same. Delicious Ingredients served breakfast and it is sort of like a deli and it also sells some groceries items. As you entered, it looked like a grocery store and deli with refridgerators and cold meat section, dry pasta, chocolate, olive oils, even some Kitchen Aid products.


The entrance to the deli

We took our seats and ordered. At first we sat near the wine shelves but I suggested to Kak Tine to seat at the window, cuz the view much nicer, so we went there. However, the boys were kind of restless when we sat there because they said it was quite hot, it wasnt hot, but i think it was glaring since we sat at the wide window.
I love it there though. Nice light, better view.

Kak Tine & Baby Irsyad at the table near the wine shelves
from the new table by the window
there's the american embassy
the boys checking out the toy train near the cashier
looking a little bit cranky here :P

Then the food came. They were really delicious. The taste was "expensive". lol. My crab omelette with spicy tomato relish was so good, but i wish they added something else to the dish maybe some sauteed mushroom or some greens, to balance the taste. But it was still good. The crab meat inside the omellete were quite generous. Kak tine seemed very satisfied with her Egg Benedict (eventhough I'll vote for my omelette eheh). The boys ordered Blueberry pancakes and Waffles with banana. Both were great although I like the waffles more than the blueberry.

My hot chocolate called "melting pot" - which shredded chocolate and mini mashmallows
waffles and syrup with banana fritters, coated with cinnamon and sugar i think
Blueberry pancakes and honeycomb
Eggs Benedict - poached eggs on bread with chicken ham and hollandaise sauce
Crab Omelette with spicy tomato relish on bread
My crab omelette.. can you see the crab meat inside?? yummy!!!!

We were satisfied with the meal but we were a bit restless because the boys were not really behaving their best. We spent about an hour in there, but it seems to me like we were there longer. The boys were cranky (except baby Irsyad who was like an angel!) and both me and Kak Tine sort of like speed up through the meal. We ended up finishing the boys' plates too. I think the boys are not used to the quiet and "posh" environment. lol. Or maybe we were expecting too much from them. Maybe the normal places we go, the places were not as delicate as this. From today's experience, I would say that this place is not really suitable for active boys. lol.






Anyhow, I absolutely adore the place (i know kak tine felt the same way hehe). It was like something out of Jamie Oliver's kitchen. hehehhe. I think this place would be perfect for girls day out - chatting with your girlfriends. I would definitely want to try the Delicious restaurant, for lunch or dinner. However, this place would be a bit heavy on my purse, so I guess I'll come here on special occassions only. For drinks or coffee I think its pretty ok since most of the drinks are below RM10. So if wanna have a chat with your friends, this place would be nice.

For more info click here. But as of today, the outlet in Dua Annexe is not on the website, but can use the website as reference for the menu.

Comments

  1. hmm patut la macam pernah ku lihat gamba2 food ni...aku tgk kat blog masak-masak rupanyer...jenuh aku pikir tadi...hahaha..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment