I'm Scared

Well, not me. LOL. It's Duffy. You know Duffy, right? The girl with the hit song, Mercy. The one that sounds like.. "I am begging you for Mercy, yea yeah.. ". Yeahh that's the one. I love her. She's different from the other new artistes these days. Her album is great, check it out sometime. Most of the songs are great but my faves are Delayed Devotion, Syrup and Honey, Distant Dreamer and of course, I'm Scared.

It's been awhile since I talked about songs, right? heheh. So anyway, I've been listening to I'm Scared all the time since I saw Bride Wars at the movies the other day with Ain. The song sort of stuck to my head. Maybe because I was feeling a bit down. Sad songs stuck longer on my head when I am feeling down. hahaha. And this song is perfect to accompany you sulking. lol. It just makes you wanna curl up and be on your own. Hahahahah. I am not doing that, too busy but instead the song made me a bit calm. Weird?? lol.

So anyway, the song came on during the part where the main characters played by Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway was missing each other after being apart from some time (you should watch this movie, it's great chick flick - about meaning of friendship and love). It was a perfect choice of song. What I want to say here is that I really like the story in the song. For me, the song is about letting go. Duffy in this song is scared of letting go the memory of someone very important to her. Duffy is not letting go and scared to moved on. This is the lyrics.

The blank pages
Of my diary
That I haven't touched
Since you left me
The closed blinds
In my home
See no light of day
Dust gathers
On my stereo
Cos I can't bare
To hear the radio
The piano sits
In a shaded space
With a picture
Of your face

I'm scared
To face another day
Cos the fear in me
Just won't go away
In an instant
You were gone
And I'm scared

Coffee stains
On your favorite book
Remind me of you
So I can't even look
The magazines
You left on the floor
You won't need
Them anymore

A towel left
Hangin on the wall
No sign of wet foosteps
In the hall
There's no smell
Of your sweet cologne
I'm lying here alone

I'm scared
To face another day
Cos the fear in me
Just won't go away
In an instant
You were gone
And now I'm scared


Sad isn't it? I feel sad for her because I know letting go something or someone you love is very hard to do. I have had my share. I know how it hurts how hard it is. But at the end of the day, no matter how much we want to hang on to something, we have to let it go. Sooner or later, it will go away whether you like it or not. It may not be gone in a day, but it will, through time.

But for the time being, just sulk on it. hahahahaah. Why not, just let your guard down? Sometimes I see that people doesn't want to be sad and they build this a wall around them because they don't want to be seen sad or whatever but, I think, it's nice to just crush down the wall you build around you. Just cry, cry all you want but you have to know when to stop. You had your share of sulking, then you should stop sulking, stop holding grouches, stop being bitter, stop whatever that pulled you down.

You just have to let it go. Find another handbag to replace your favourite hobo. Find another pair of shoes in exchange of that really comfy pumps. Forgive someone that made you angry. Pray for those you have lost forever. Take the time to get to know other people to replace that someone.

*HUGS*

Comments