A Beautiful Mess


I noticed that it's getting harder for me to wake up in the morning. I woke up sometimes before my alarm went off, then I checked my phone, woke up went to the toilet and prayers and then I go back to sleep like that day is an off day. Sometimes I woke up by the alarm, got up do the necessary then go back under the covers. Then I woke up again, late, way above my usual waking time. Usually I am already on my way to work at the time I woke up now. Like today, I was super late. I woke up at somewhere around 7:40 am. I quickly took a shower and as I was getting ready, I saw my nephew Imran by the staircase looking at me, then he quickyly turned back. I called out for him "Imran, is there anything?". He turned as said "Nothing". I asked again, "come on tell me".. he said "nothinggg" then he went down the stairs, and called to my mom "dadima... bobo dah bangun dah" - telling my mom that I had woke up. HAHAHAHAHAH. Ahh it turned out that my mom asked him to check me up. Even Mama is worried. *sigh*

Oh well.. I dont know. I am getting lazier these days. I think maybe because I haven't been exercising for quite some time. I've been putting off going to work outs.. I don't know why. I should get back on it soon. I'm trying to.

Anyway, last night, I was reminiscing Jason Mraz because I realised that it has been NEARLY a year since his concert here. I saw his ticket stub on my work desk yesterday and suddenly thougth about the concert. Definitely one of the best concert I had been to so far. There was no gimmicks, there was no special effect, just a man with talent. Damn he was good. It seems like it was just yesterday. Really wishing he'll come back here soon!

This song has been playing on repeat on my nano since yesterday. Sort of floats me around with the music and lyrics. Definitely suited my mood today. For Jason Mraz fan, I know you know this beautiful song. For those who are not familiar, check it out, you might like it. It is such a beautiful song. At least for me.

~ A Beautiful Mess ~

You've got the best of both worlds
You're the kind of girl who can take down a man,
And lift him back up again
You are strong but you're needy,
Humble but you're greedy
Based on your body language,
your shoddy cursive I've been reading
You're style is quite selective,
though your mind is rather reckless
Well I guess it just suggests
that this is just what happiness is

Hey, what a beautiful mess this is
It's like picking up trash in dresses

Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write
Kind of turn themselves into knives
And don't mind my nerve you can call it fiction
'Cause I like being submerged in your contradictions dear
'Cause here we are, here we are

Although you were biased I love your advice
Your comebacks they're quick
And probably have to do with your insecurities
There's no shame in being crazy,
Depending on how you take these
Words that paraphrasing this relationship we're staging

And it's a beautiful mess, yes it is
It's like, we are picking up trash in dresses

Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you say
Kind of turn themselves into blades
And the kind and courteous is a life I've heard
But it's nice to say that we played in the dirt
Cause here, here we are, Here we are
Here we are


*note* i read somewhere in the net that somebody said that Jason said this in a blog about this song - "A Beautiful Mess - How someone’s mess is as important to admire as their beauty. Therefore, see that they have the best in both worlds". Don't you just love him? ;))

Comments

Post a Comment