Ayam Penyet @ Wong Solo

Have you had Ayam Penyet?

Yesterday evening I had my first ever Ayam Penyet.

From what I understand Ayam Penyet originated from Indonesia and it is basically fried chicken that is “smashed” before it is being served. Penyet is "smashed". So Ayam Penyet is "smashed chicken" haha. err. Usually, the chicken is served with plain white rice, sambal (chilli paste), fried tempe (made from preserved soy beans), fried tauhu (beancurd), and salad of some sort.

I had this yesterday.


And it was YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sambal (chilli paste on top the chicken) was superb! It was a little too hot for my usual taste, I am not a spicy person, but the zing from the spicyness was what made the chicken delicious. My tongue and lips felt a little bit numb after. haha.

The meat was tender, juicy and the marinate was very tasteful. I can’t get enough of it, I ordered another piece. Hahaha. I had 2 pieces of chicken and a stir fry broccoli dish which was nice too. The Ayam Penyet is RM6.95 and the broccoli was RM9.95.

My second piece. haha. Ayam Penyet, served with cripsy coconut thingy and salad
Our food!!
Brocolli

Ain had the “set meal” – Ayam Penyet, rice, the accompanying side dish and mineral water for RM10.95.


Would I come again??

ABSOLUTELY! I am thinking of taking mama and papa there too.

Try the Ayam Penyet at Restoran Wong Solo at Kampung Baru, Kuala Lumpur very, near the mosque. See below the map and details. They also have another branch in Taman Dagang, Ampang.



Comments

Post a Comment