Terry Fox Run

When I looked back, I still remember the great feeling I had when I was at the Terry Fox Run event, 2 Sundays ago. I just don’t know how to describe the greatness but it is something inside of me that feels great. First of all, to be a part of one of the world’s largest fund raising event for cancer research, and second, to finish my longest walk. HAHAHAHAH. Yeahh I think it’s about 7 km (according to the officials but my brother thinks it was only about 5km).


Me at the finishing arch

We reached the Lake Gardens before 8 am and there were already lots of people hanging around. It was interesting to watch people, of all ages, of all cultures came together in one event for one purpose. Great isn’t it? Some came with bikes, rollerblades, wheelchairs, kids in strollers, on tricycles, etc. I was like, where was I before? How come I didn’t know about this before? That’s what we call ignorance. Anyway, I was glad my brother told me about the event and it’s never too late to start. Oh how can I forget to mention? My brother and his friend came in and walk in sarongs. Yes, kain pelikat. LoL. Weirdos? Maybe… but they did this for fun and showed to people that there is no restrictions when you set your mind if you want to do something. The history beneath the sarong (:P) was that last year, one of the guys, came down to KL from Johor just to participate in this run. However, his running short was wet or something like that and he has no other things to wear except for his kain pelikat. So he just put on his pelikat and went for the run. Hehe. Cool isn’t it?


Me and the Sarong Party Guys

What I like most from my experience here was that it’s nice to be around positive people. People that doesn’t look down on you, people that thinks every thing is possible. In a way, the people I met and the experience of being in this event prompted me make some changes in my life. It may be small, but slowly it may become big. Who knows, right? Oh one more thing, I want to go to the event next year… and hopefully I can fit into the t-shirts too :P


Till next year? Peace!

Comments

  1. wow, eh, i wanna join in too next yr, sounded really fun. Give me a heads up ya?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sham sure thing! the more the merrier! maybe we can go in our own theme? in our PJs maybe? lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment