Not An Option
I have been doing some thinking over the weekend. It dawned to me that sometimes we make a certain people more important than others in our lives when that person doesn’t even care much about us. Someone used to say to me “never make someone a priority in your life when you are nothing but an option in theirs”.
Can you? Can you “un-prioritize” someone? I think it really depends on you. You make the person a priority for a reason. Do you really think, that person need to give back to you anything because you make them the priority? I think, sometimes that person never asked you to make him or her a priority in your life. You did it yourself, because that person is important to you. But sometimes, that person became a priority because of the level of relationship that you have with them.
I don’t think I can "un-prioritize" someone. I mean they are where and what they are in my life for a reason. I am not the type that can give up on people easily… there is always a reason for me to come back. What I believe in is that life has its ups and downs. What I am trying to say is that, sometimes people make mistakes. Sometimes they chose not to share. Sometimes, it just happened. Does that make you less important to them? Does that make them selfish? We don’t know what’s going on with them. Maybe they are in rough patch in their life and they don’t want to bog you down with it.
I think all we have to do is have a positive mind and just be there for them, whenever they need you. That being said, I also think that, you know when you need to give up on someone. When all they do is hurt you, changed from what they used to be, not in a good way but in a bad way. When you tried to help them but it’s futile. You just can’t help those who can’t help themselves. I also think that being apart is important in any relationship as much as being close. When you are away from each other, that’s when you realized that something is missing in your life, like its incomplete and it also gives you time to yourself to get to know what you want on your own, and also think about new ideas or stories or thoughts to share with people. If you are with them all the time, I think there is a tendency that you will take them for granted, knowing that they are always there for you. Sometimes you can't think on your own... because you depended on other people views or thoughts. If you distanced yourself from them a bit, it makes you think about the person more, you actually have time to be able to miss them, and makes you want to see them and really looking forward to spend time with them again.
We have only one life. We should make the best out of it. Have a positive mind. Be good to people. Make new friends. Find new hobbies. Avoid negative thoughts. Enjoy what we have while we still can enjoy them.
To all loved ones, family, friends, you will never be an option in my life. I may make mistakes, I may have said or did the wrong things, I am a human after all but you are in my life for a reason.
Can you? Can you “un-prioritize” someone? I think it really depends on you. You make the person a priority for a reason. Do you really think, that person need to give back to you anything because you make them the priority? I think, sometimes that person never asked you to make him or her a priority in your life. You did it yourself, because that person is important to you. But sometimes, that person became a priority because of the level of relationship that you have with them.
I don’t think I can "un-prioritize" someone. I mean they are where and what they are in my life for a reason. I am not the type that can give up on people easily… there is always a reason for me to come back. What I believe in is that life has its ups and downs. What I am trying to say is that, sometimes people make mistakes. Sometimes they chose not to share. Sometimes, it just happened. Does that make you less important to them? Does that make them selfish? We don’t know what’s going on with them. Maybe they are in rough patch in their life and they don’t want to bog you down with it.
I think all we have to do is have a positive mind and just be there for them, whenever they need you. That being said, I also think that, you know when you need to give up on someone. When all they do is hurt you, changed from what they used to be, not in a good way but in a bad way. When you tried to help them but it’s futile. You just can’t help those who can’t help themselves. I also think that being apart is important in any relationship as much as being close. When you are away from each other, that’s when you realized that something is missing in your life, like its incomplete and it also gives you time to yourself to get to know what you want on your own, and also think about new ideas or stories or thoughts to share with people. If you are with them all the time, I think there is a tendency that you will take them for granted, knowing that they are always there for you. Sometimes you can't think on your own... because you depended on other people views or thoughts. If you distanced yourself from them a bit, it makes you think about the person more, you actually have time to be able to miss them, and makes you want to see them and really looking forward to spend time with them again.
We have only one life. We should make the best out of it. Have a positive mind. Be good to people. Make new friends. Find new hobbies. Avoid negative thoughts. Enjoy what we have while we still can enjoy them.
To all loved ones, family, friends, you will never be an option in my life. I may make mistakes, I may have said or did the wrong things, I am a human after all but you are in my life for a reason.


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow true, how applicable, how sad.....
ReplyDeleteI guess we can never take people for granted and at the same time, we should not allow people to take us for granted. Prioritising someone is not the question but rather prioritising what we do with someone.....
how true...ermmmmm..seriously la..and agree with kak puti too...
ReplyDelete