Iftar @ Satay Station
I have a little group of friends which we call ourselves "K-Oz". We even have our own blog hehehe. Click here to visit our blog. We used to work together but now some of us have left the organisation (in my case, went and come back again haha), and went on separate ways. We are a close knit group, we still try to keep in touch with each other.
Once in a while we try to organise a get together but sometimes not all of us can make it. Our usually reunion time is during Ramadan month. However, we haven't been doing this for about a couple of years.
This year, we had our little iftar session, although about half of the group couldn't make it. Sam, the one that moved to JB, came down for the weekend and we took the opportunity to meet him.
We had our iftar at a cozy down to earth place called "Satay Station" in Kampung Pandan, Kuala Lumpur. Click here for more info.
Satay Station is a place that specialises in "satay". On ordinary days, their menu is very simple, only satay and mee rebus. However, during Ramadan month, they offer a buffet menu, for RM38 nett for adult, and RM19 for kids below the age of 12. Kids below the age of 7, eat for free. The buffet spread was the usual Malay fare, rice with dishes like Udang Masak Lemak, Kerabu Perut, Sambal Sotong (yummy!! I like), Ayam Goreng Rempah, Stir Fried Vege, traditional Malay kuihs, bubur lambuk, fruits, they even have stalls - Roasted Whole Lamb, Noodles station (Asam Laksa, Kuey Teow and Mee Goreng), ikan bakar stall. There were free flow of Air Sirap Bandung, Orange kordial, teh tarik and coffee. Mee Rebus is also available at your request as much as you like (included in the buffet menu, but you have to order it through the waitress). HOWEVER, one thing I found weird was that the satay was not a part of the buffet deal, you have to order it separately. So there will be separate charge if you want the satay. It was weird because it is a satay place. Anyway, the owner was kind enough to give each table a "sample" of the satay during berbuka time, about 10 sticks, enough to make us want to order more (We ordered 30 sticks chicken and 30 beef). Is this good marketing? I guess. Hmm..
I think the satay was really really good. Definitely, way much better than the famous satay kajang. The meat were tender and very tasty, full of those wonderful spices in the marinade. I even ordered some to take home to my mom who loves satay (she even mentioned to order it for raya haha). The mee rebus also was very good and I also ordered a couple of packets for me mom. I'll definitely recommend the place!
The restaurant in Kampung Pandan is actually a converted traditional malay house, which is very pretty with the wooden details. It was very nice and comfy. You can choose to sit inside the house or outside. Inside there were divided into few rooms, with low marble tables, and no chairs of course. We chose to sit inside the house, so all of us have to sit on the floor, like in a typical traditional Malay house. During this Ramadan month, there were canopies outside (I feel like I was in a Malay wedding kenduri), with more tables (my friend said that usually the tables outside are without the canopies). There was also a band, and of course the buffet spread. It felt like being in a typical malay kenduri. It was so vibrant and full of life, that I feel like i was on the night before raya. heheh.
Anyway, had a good time catching up, the place was great, the food was good.For those who couldn't make it, we missed you so much!
Btw, I didn't have my camera with me, so Pootz was the photographer for the day. Thanks Pootz. Some pics for sharing. You can also see K-oz blog for pics.






Once in a while we try to organise a get together but sometimes not all of us can make it. Our usually reunion time is during Ramadan month. However, we haven't been doing this for about a couple of years.
This year, we had our little iftar session, although about half of the group couldn't make it. Sam, the one that moved to JB, came down for the weekend and we took the opportunity to meet him.
We had our iftar at a cozy down to earth place called "Satay Station" in Kampung Pandan, Kuala Lumpur. Click here for more info.
Satay Station is a place that specialises in "satay". On ordinary days, their menu is very simple, only satay and mee rebus. However, during Ramadan month, they offer a buffet menu, for RM38 nett for adult, and RM19 for kids below the age of 12. Kids below the age of 7, eat for free. The buffet spread was the usual Malay fare, rice with dishes like Udang Masak Lemak, Kerabu Perut, Sambal Sotong (yummy!! I like), Ayam Goreng Rempah, Stir Fried Vege, traditional Malay kuihs, bubur lambuk, fruits, they even have stalls - Roasted Whole Lamb, Noodles station (Asam Laksa, Kuey Teow and Mee Goreng), ikan bakar stall. There were free flow of Air Sirap Bandung, Orange kordial, teh tarik and coffee. Mee Rebus is also available at your request as much as you like (included in the buffet menu, but you have to order it through the waitress). HOWEVER, one thing I found weird was that the satay was not a part of the buffet deal, you have to order it separately. So there will be separate charge if you want the satay. It was weird because it is a satay place. Anyway, the owner was kind enough to give each table a "sample" of the satay during berbuka time, about 10 sticks, enough to make us want to order more (We ordered 30 sticks chicken and 30 beef). Is this good marketing? I guess. Hmm..
I think the satay was really really good. Definitely, way much better than the famous satay kajang. The meat were tender and very tasty, full of those wonderful spices in the marinade. I even ordered some to take home to my mom who loves satay (she even mentioned to order it for raya haha). The mee rebus also was very good and I also ordered a couple of packets for me mom. I'll definitely recommend the place!
The restaurant in Kampung Pandan is actually a converted traditional malay house, which is very pretty with the wooden details. It was very nice and comfy. You can choose to sit inside the house or outside. Inside there were divided into few rooms, with low marble tables, and no chairs of course. We chose to sit inside the house, so all of us have to sit on the floor, like in a typical traditional Malay house. During this Ramadan month, there were canopies outside (I feel like I was in a Malay wedding kenduri), with more tables (my friend said that usually the tables outside are without the canopies). There was also a band, and of course the buffet spread. It felt like being in a typical malay kenduri. It was so vibrant and full of life, that I feel like i was on the night before raya. heheh.
Anyway, had a good time catching up, the place was great, the food was good.For those who couldn't make it, we missed you so much!
Btw, I didn't have my camera with me, so Pootz was the photographer for the day. Thanks Pootz. Some pics for sharing. You can also see K-oz blog for pics.








Comments
Post a Comment