My Scones
My scones somehow has become a favourite among my friends. heheh. i love making something when people love to eat them. hahaha. Credits for the recipe goes to Aya. Thanks Aya!
So, I am going to share the recipe so you guys can try it yourself. It is not hard to make, don't need any gadgets.. just your measuring cups. hehe. Took me about 1 hour from preparation to baking. Trust me, they are delicious and moist and so soft not dry and hard like what I used to have in cafes out there... trust me this is better. hehehee.
Ingredients:
1. 1 cup natural yogurt (to help, I use 2 containers of the small natural yogurt - i think the weight is 135g per cup)
2. 4 cups of flour
3. 1 egg
4. 1 cup butter (but I followed Aya's instruction hahaha cuz we are too lazy to measure.. and just use the 1 stick of 250g butter and just dump it in, leave it room temperature but not too soft)
5. 1 teaspoon of baking soda
6. 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
7. 2 teaspoon of baking powder
8. 1 cup fine sugar
9. 1/2 teaspoon salt
10. 1 cup of raisins (or more up to you. you can also use other dried fruits according to your preference)
* Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt together and stir them well so it would be easy later.
Method:
In the mixing bowl, combine yogurt and baking soda, whip them up. Stir in sugar and then egg. Mix them well and then put in the rest of the ingredients - the flour mixture and butter. I usually just use my hands to mix this "dough" once I put in the flour and butter. One the flour and butter has mixed well, then put in the raisins and continue "kneading". Don't knead too long though, just enough for the ingredients to mix together. Oh yeah, the dough is very sticky.. so it will be messy. hehe. something like cookie dough. Once done and mixed well, I just scoop them up in a spoon and put them the muffin pan, so the size of scones will be the same size. Bake them for about 15 mins in 175 degree celcius oven (make sure to preheat the oven before), until golden brown. This recipe makes about 12-16 scones depends on how big your scoop is.
Eat the scones warm, with your favourite jam and butter and tea. YUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!
Here some pics to guide you. Sorry for low quality pic. Took it with my lame SEK810i.
The dough once mixed.
In the muffin pan before going into the oven.
Tadaaaa all rise up, ready and warm and yummy!!!
Serve it with butter and jam, eat warm
Look in the insides, so soft! heheheh
Have fun baking!
So, I am going to share the recipe so you guys can try it yourself. It is not hard to make, don't need any gadgets.. just your measuring cups. hehe. Took me about 1 hour from preparation to baking. Trust me, they are delicious and moist and so soft not dry and hard like what I used to have in cafes out there... trust me this is better. hehehee.
Ingredients:
1. 1 cup natural yogurt (to help, I use 2 containers of the small natural yogurt - i think the weight is 135g per cup)
2. 4 cups of flour
3. 1 egg
4. 1 cup butter (but I followed Aya's instruction hahaha cuz we are too lazy to measure.. and just use the 1 stick of 250g butter and just dump it in, leave it room temperature but not too soft)
5. 1 teaspoon of baking soda
6. 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
7. 2 teaspoon of baking powder
8. 1 cup fine sugar
9. 1/2 teaspoon salt
10. 1 cup of raisins (or more up to you. you can also use other dried fruits according to your preference)
* Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt together and stir them well so it would be easy later.
Method:
In the mixing bowl, combine yogurt and baking soda, whip them up. Stir in sugar and then egg. Mix them well and then put in the rest of the ingredients - the flour mixture and butter. I usually just use my hands to mix this "dough" once I put in the flour and butter. One the flour and butter has mixed well, then put in the raisins and continue "kneading". Don't knead too long though, just enough for the ingredients to mix together. Oh yeah, the dough is very sticky.. so it will be messy. hehe. something like cookie dough. Once done and mixed well, I just scoop them up in a spoon and put them the muffin pan, so the size of scones will be the same size. Bake them for about 15 mins in 175 degree celcius oven (make sure to preheat the oven before), until golden brown. This recipe makes about 12-16 scones depends on how big your scoop is.
Eat the scones warm, with your favourite jam and butter and tea. YUMMMMMY!!!!!!!!!
Here some pics to guide you. Sorry for low quality pic. Took it with my lame SEK810i.
Have fun baking!


owh me love it love it love it lalaalalalala~
ReplyDeleteSungguh menyelerakan gambar2 itew ok...Thanks for sharing the recipe..tapi kena tunggu Falls la kot baru leh baking...skang panas gile...akak tak tahan la panas2 ni(hahaha..bunyi cam cas bagus je.. :P)
ReplyDeletemcm sedap jer...
ReplyDelete