Happy Birthday Bubuk!
Party people. haha
I celebrated Ain's birthday the night before her actual birthday. Her bday was on 28th March 2009 but well, since she is a very super duper bz chick (uweekk), I kidnapped her the day before her bday. Not actually kidnap since she was the one who drove me around lol.
Decided to go to Marmalade Cafe, after browsing numerous rastaurants and cafe, sampai headache, pikir where to go. Decided Marmalade because I thought it is a fun place, cheerful and not so heavy on the pockets. Been there once, and wanted to try again, so this is the chance, since Ain never been there before.
Picked up our friend, Chot and made a move to Bangsar. We went through about 2 hours of traffic and got there at about 8:30pm. Went straight to Marmalade since all of us are famished and can't wait to get some food into our system.
Cute interior.
Each of us picked one dish each - Chicken Avocado Burger (Ain), Spaghetti Aglio Olio (Chot), Chicken Pie (me). We also added the paper roll with ginger prawn filling for starter and Oceanic Citrus salad to complete the meal.
I have reviewed the Spaghetti Aglio Olio before so I won't be talking about it now, except that this time, I think that it was very good, the pasta was cooked to aperfection and I just LOVE the sundried tomatoes added to it, it gave the dish a little sourish taste but different take on the usual olio.
So anyway, really love the paper rolls (not in the website menu though). very simple but very nice! The prawns were plump and i love the gingery taste.
Oceanic Citrus salad was lovely. Crunchy and fresh with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, baby asparagus, and some other veggies and also smoked salmon on top. loved it!!
The chicken burger was good too, the chicken patty was not oily and very juicy and tasteful. It was served with sweet onion relish and ordinary shoestring fries.
The only disappointment was my choice, the chicken pie (with mashed potatoes and salad as side dishes). Chicken pie is one of my fave food but this pie the filling was a little to dry and bland for my taste. And there were only chicken pieces inside, so the texture was also a little bit boring there. The chicken tasted like it was boiled and very dry. I love the pastry though. Hope they'll improve on the filling.
Apple crumble was yummy. Would love to have more custard sauce, please? And maybe some ice cream on top would be nice too (chot's request). haha.
Not bad eh? I love the place, perfect for a girly day out. Definitely coming back for more. hehe. For more info on the menu and price, click here.
Anyway Ain, I had a great time that day and hope you had fun too. Happy birthday again. Love you to bits, I feel lucky to have you in my life.
*Hugs*


tq so much kak jan! i had a great time too! we shud do this often (not cbrating my bday all the time la ;p) tapi go and have nice food together-gether! marmalade sgt nice and the environment, the food, the everything esp the customer like us! hahahaha perangai jakun terbawak2 haha..tq again and i love u!!!!!!
ReplyDelete