Friends etc.

A friend of mine is away for work. Her name is Ain. Hahaha I know this post is similar to her post about me. lol. But seriously, I felt lost without her. We talked to each other everyday, and while at work, we e-mailed each other all day long, since both of us don’t have the luxury of using any chatting programme. So my days pretty mundane without her. I MISS YOU NOORAIN!!!

Thinking about friends, I am blessed that I’ve been lucky to have found many great friends. What I love most about friendship is that, age, distance, background doesn’t really matter. When people clicked, they just clicked. Friend, as defined by my loyal dictionary is a person you know well and like. So it doesn’t matter where you are, where you are from, you still can be friends.

I don’t like to put labels on people as I’ve learned that labels are not important. What matters is what your heart says. However, I do call those friends who are very close to me as my best friends. Simply just because, they are the best of the friends I have. Those who stick with me through thick and thin. Those who accept me they way I am. Those who understands me. Is it wrong to call these people my best friends? These friends don’t need to be with me all the time, but somehow, when we get together again, it’s like we were never apart. Knowing that the friend is around is enough.

Does time measure friendship? Friendship evolved through time but people can get close a short period of time. So what if I call a friend I only know for 2 months a best friend? For me, time doesn’t measure friendship. Friendship is like wine, it gets better through time. Not that I know that, but just as an expression. Maybe we can use curry. Lol. Curry tasted better after a few days :P. Anyway, sometimes, it is more frustrating when you’ve been with someone for years, but at the end of the day, she or he is the one that don’t understand you at all.

And who says that we can’t be friends just because we are far apart? Friends don’t need to meet everyday, shop together, etc.. but if we can, that would be great. I talked to my friend Amoi who is in Texas right now, everyday, and I think I talked to her more than my friends here. I made friends with people all around the world.. and sometimes, I feel closer to them than some of my friends here. I used to be active in those pen-pals thingy when I was in school, and it stuck to me but now its with online friends. Some people say online friends are not real. Why are they not real, tell me please? I agree some are phony, but what if those who are not? Are they not real? Those we talked to webcam everyday, whatever they do in their private life, is their own concern, but the person who talked to us everyday, in front of you is real as your friend sitting next to you. We might not now their background, but as long as they don’t trick or trying to take advantage of you, I think it’s fine. And sometimes, if you think about it, even if your friend is sitting right next to you, you still don’t know who that person is, right?

So anyway, people get close for lots of reasons – maybe because of the same interest, maybe because we experienced the same incident, maybe it just because we just clicked. There is always something that makes people connect. Do you think it’s fair when people question you on your relationship with another person?

What I am trying to say is… friendship doesn’t care about looks, about age, about background, about distance, about time.. all you need is honesty, trust, understanding and a good heart.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to have you as my FRIEND..13 great years..and more to come..Insyaallah...

    Keep smilin', keep shinin'
    Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
    That's what friends are for
    For good times and bad times
    I'll be on your side forever more
    That's what friends are for

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg im so touched!demm i miss too my dear sister!hope to see u soon! Muax2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alamak.. touched ngan angah nyer lagu. ehehhe. thanks babes LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment